SC to get $5.7 million in law enforcement grants | News
U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) today announced that South Carolina will receive more than $5.7 million in federal grants through the Edward Byrne memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program.
The funds can be used for programs focusing on law enforcement, prosecution and courts, prevention and education, corrections and community corrections, drug treatment, planning, evaluation, and technology improvement, and crime victim and witness assistance.
The awards include:
- $5,578,965 for South Carolina Department of Public Safety
- $55,900 for City of Myrtle Beach
- $48,521 for Darlington County
- $43,683 for Dorchester County
- $28,054 for Laurens County
- $25,653 for Georgetown County
All grants were awarded by the U.S. Department of Justice.